UW Student Data
Student Data @ UW
With over 50,000 students attending our three campuses every quarter, there is a great wealth of student data at the University of Washington. It can be difficult to fully grasp how this data is entered, organized, and accessed. Below is a summary of key processes, systems and actors that interact with the Student DataBase (SDB).
Data Input Systems
- Admissions Systems – used by staff within the Office of Admissions
- See UWIT wiki for list of systems
- SDB Screens (Keynes) – used by staff within the Division of Enrollment Management
- EARS – used by advisors for entering advising notes
- MyGrad – used by staff within the Graduate School
- UWSDB – managed by Student Information Systems group in UWIT
- UWSDBDataStore – within the Enterprise Data Warehouse managed by UW Data & Analytics
- BI Portal – operational reporting
- UW Profiles – analytical reporting
- Student Web Services – for UW web application developers
- MyPlan -for students
How Can I Learn More About Student Data
Join the Student Data Council!
In the fall of 2014, the Student Data Council was established to bring together individuals across the university who work with student data in order to foster learning and communication as well as establish standards for student data definitions and reporting.
To stay informed on the Council’s work subscribe to the student-data list (faculty and staff only), meeting announcements and other Student Data Council information will be distributed through the list.